Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anything's possible

I remember driving out to the National Debate Tournament in Las Vegas this summer. When going through the Hoover Dam, I kept thinking that we can do anything - anything at all - if we really dedicate ourselves to it.

No land where you think there should be some, just ask the people in Dubai if that's possible.

Land where you don't want there to be any, see Panama.

How far away is the moon? I guess it doesn't matter because we shot people there several times on a rocket with less computing technology than I'm using right now to type a blog.

That's what I mean by dedication. If we put enough intelligence, planning, money, time, and labor into any dream we have, it can come true.

Now you may be asking yourself why I'm talking about this. Well, today I was reminded of all those things. My dad is coming home from the hospital. Thank you to all those who helped me and my family to get through this, even if it was just listening as we let out our frustrations, fears, anger and doubt.

No comments: